Albany State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and specialist degrees. Contact the:
Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097
or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Albany State University.
Albany State University is also accredited by:
- the Council for Accreditation of Educator Programs (CAEP),
- the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC)
- the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Education Programs (CACREP),
- the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP),
- the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN),
- the Georgia Board of Nursing (GBN),
- the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE),
- the American Chemical Society (ACS),
- the American Academy of Forensic Sciences (FEPAC),
- and the Network of Schools of Public Policy Affairs and Administration (NASPAA).
Individual colleges and departments also hold memberships in the regional and national professional organizations associated with the respective discipline.