Advising and Retention Services
Achieve your educational goals through distance learning at Albany State University. A Distance Learning Support Specialist is in place within each field of study to help guide you from Admissions to Graduation. These support specialists assist not only with course navigation, instructor access, and connecting students to support services, but also with time management, test taking skills, and more. While the distance learning support specialists will assist any student in a distance learning course, distance learners with less than 45 credit hours are asked to contact their support specialists for advising and registration activities.
The international Student Program is a support program for international students. The program offers career advising, personal advising, academic advising, opportunities for campus and community involvement, and cultural enrichment activities. The International Coordinator serves as a liaison between international students, faculty, administrators, the Department of Homeland Security, and other external agencies.
Provides an opportunity for academically talented high school students from eligible Georgia high schools to begin earning a college degree while simultaneously pursuing a high school diploma. There is no charge for tuition, mandatory fees, and required books for approved classes. All hours taken and paid for by the Dual Enrollment Program will not be counted in the combined paid-hours limit for the Hope Scholarship.
- Dual Enrollment students can enroll in an Associate of Science or Associate of Art in the core curriculum. They can enroll part time or full time but cannot enroll in over 15 approved hours.
- 9th grade students are permitted to enter if they meet the GPA and score requirements but must take classes at their high school in cohort classes.
- Books are included in the cost but must be returned in order to not be charged.
A student must meet the following qualifications to be admitted to the program:
- Completed Albany State University application for admissions
- Completion of the 9th grade
- High school academic GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be enrolled in a Georgia high school or home study program in accordance with O.C.G.A §20-2-690(c)
- Students must submit official ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer test scores that meet the following minimum standards:
Advising Test 1 (SAT and ACT) Test Combined CR and Math (Old SAT) Composite Score (ACT) Critical Reading (SAT) Math SAT 24 22 ACT 17 17 Advising Test 2 (ACCUPLACER and Compass) Test Reading WritePlacer/English Algebra ACCUPLACER 63 4 MATH 1111-79
Students must submit the following before they can register:
- A completed immunization form
- Satisfaction of verification of lawful presence
- Parental consent form
- Student participation agreement