Requirements for ROTC
- Character - be of good moral character as evidenced by record in home, community and at the institution where enrolled.
- Citizenship - be a citizen of the United States as described by AR 145-1.
- Age - be at least 17 years of age for enrollment in the advanced course. Male applicants under 18 years of age and female applicants who are under legal age established by their state of legal residence require parental consent. The maximum age is 30 at the time of appointment (waiver able up to 34 for non-scholarship applicants). Scholarship applicants, minimum age is 17 by 1 October of the year of enrollment and the maximum age is 30 on 30 June of the commissioning year (waiver required if 31st is prior to commissioning).
- Medical - be physically fit as defined by AR 145-1.
- Military Science Curriculum
Suggested ROTC Course of Study (Same Course of Study for Minor)
|MILS 1111||Intro to Tactical Leadership||1|
|MILS 1121||Intro to Tactical Leadership||1|
|MILS 2211||Innovative Team Leadership||2|
|MILS 2221||Foundations of Tactical Leadership||2|
|MILS 3311||Adaptive Team Leadership||3|
|MILS 3321||Leadership in Changing Environments||3|
|MILS 4411||Developing Adaptive Leaders||3|
|MILS 4421||Leadership in a Complex World||3|
|Total Semester Hours||18|
Freshman courses may be taken in any order. Sophomore courses may be taken in any order but should not be started before MILS 1111 and MILS 1121 have been completed. All courses have a required Leadership Lab which meets once a week for two hours for all enrolled students.