Admissions of International Students
Albany State University welcomes international students to its campus and is willing to assist students from other countries in achieving a successful educational experience at the University. International students, defined as citizens of countries other than the United States who require a visa in order to study in the United States, may contact:
International students seeking admission to Albany State University’s Graduate School must satisfy the following requirements:
- A completed graduate school application.
- A non-refundable application fee.
- Get official transcripts of all non-U.S. colleges attended evaluated by an official U.S. Credential Evaluation Service. Send the results to ASU’s Graduate School. International applicants must have the equivalent of an U.S. Bachelor’s Degree. A course-by-course and grade point average (GPA) evaluation is required for college/university records. World Education Services is our preferred credential evaluator and they can be reached at 212-966-6311 or www.wes.org. A listing of all recognized credential evaluation services is available at www.naces.org.
- Request that all U.S. colleges/universities that you have attended or are attending, send your official academic transcript to ASU’s Graduate School.
- Request that your official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores be sent to ASU’s Graduate School if your home country’s official language is not English. Minimum score on the TOEFL Paper-based test is 523, Computer-based test is 193, and Internet-based test is 69. Minimum score on the IELTS test is 6.
- Complete the Certificate of Finances Form and return with verification of financial support to ASU’s Graduate School. Such verification can be an official bank statement or a signed letter from a bank officer dated within the past six months verifying that you have at least $27,600 in U.S. funds or your country’s equivalent available for one year of tuition and expenses while attending ASU.
- Submit required documents for program of interest to ASU’s Graduate School.
- Once all required documents have been received, the completed application packet will be forwarded to the respective department for review.
- If you are currently attending another college or university in the U.S. and wish to transfer to ASU, you will need to complete the items above that apply to you and send a copy of your current Form I-20, student visa, and I-94 to ASU’s Graduate School. You will also need to have a Designated School Official (DSO) complete the ASU Transfer Clearance Form and have it returned to ASU’s Graduate School.
- Please provide proof of health insurance coverage that will cover you in the United States. You will be required to purchase health insurance in the U.S. if you do not have such insurance in your home country.
- Required documents other than official transcripts, test scores, and credential evaluation reports may be imaged and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Albany State University Graduate School
504 College Drive
Albany, GA 31705 USA
Office number: 229-430-1354.