Repeat Policy Statement
The University provides an opportunity for students to repeat courses in which “D” or “F” grades are earned. The following stipulations apply:
- Effective for all undergraduate students enrolled Fall Quarter, 1997 or after, only the first passing grade will be used to compute the GPA.
- The first passing grade earned above “D” will be reflected in the cumulative GPA, in lieu of the immediate prior grade.
- Grade(s) earned in any subsequent repeat of the same course will not be counted in the repeat policy process.
- Repeat policy is not applicable once student’s academic records have been graduated and only applicable toward completion of an initial bachelor’s degree.
- In applying the criteria for determination of honors and other awards, all grades will be used in the calculations.
- The Repeat Policy pertains only to courses taken at the attending university (Albany State University).
- See academic advisor, department chairperson or deans for additional information.
Execution of the Repeat Policy
- Repeat policy – time limit for application – Within one year, two semesters of enrollment, after a grade of “D” or “F” is received in a course, the student must register for and complete the course.
- A student may repeat a course a maximum of two (2) times for the purposes of executing the repeat policy.
- After the third attempt of a course the repeat policy is null and void.