Procedure for Applying to Take College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Obtain a request to take Credit by Examination from the academic department of student major.
- Confer with academic advisor about the CLEP test(s) you want to take
- Complete a request to take Credit by Examination and have it signed by advisor and departmental chairperson.
- Take signed form to the Office of the Registrar for approval.
- Once the request is approved, contact the Testing Center, 229-500-2921, email@example.com, to schedule your CLEP test.
NOTE: Allow four to six weeks after test(s) for results to be processed. You should receive an evaluation sheet indicating whether you have passed the test(s). If you have not received CLEP evaluation in 14 days after you receive your results, please contact the Office of the Registrar. Credit by Examination is available to all students who wish to validate knowledge for which they have acquired college level proficiency through independent study or other life experiences and to students who were not granted transfer credit for course work completed elsewhere. Please contact the Office of the Registrar for information regarding course credit for CLEP tests.
Credit will be awarded based on the minimum scale score recommended for passing by the American Council on Education.