Grade Appeal Policy
Students may appeal grades but an appeal is only applicable for final course grades.
Any student who believes that he/she has been assigned a final grade for a course which is unfair, biased, miscalculated, or which is based upon an unwarranted deviation from the established grading procedures may appeal to his/her course faculty for assistance in the resolution of academic problems. The student should make every effort to resolve the problem(s) with the instructor(s) before the semester ends. If the grievance is unresolved at that level, the student should utilize the following chain of command:
- Confer with the program coordinator and the academic advisor within 10 days following the meeting with the instructor(s). If unresolved, the student may appeal as necessary to the following
- Department Chairperson within 10 days following the above meeting. If unresolved,
- Dean of the College within 10 days following the meeting with the Chairperson. If unresolved, make an appeal to the
- Provost for Academic Affairs or Vice President for Student Affairs (depending on the situation) within 10 days following the meeting with the Dean. If unresolved, make an appeal to the
- President of the University within 10 days following the meeting with the Provost. If unresolved,
- Board of Regents, University System of Georgia.