Although each Master's degree program has specific academic requirements, several requirements are common to all degree programs.
The general academic requirements for the Master's degree are:
- Admission to regular degree standing in a specific Master's degree program must be granted.
- A minimum of 30 semester hours in a prescribed curriculum must be completed with an overall grade point average of at least 3.0.
- All coursework applicable towards the degree must be completed within six years of the date of graduation.
- Transfer credits must be approved by the student’s graduate program upon enrollment or before the course is taken.
- A comprehensive examination, portfolio, capstone project, or thesis must be successfully completed. Requirements may differ according to program of study.
- Applications for graduation must be submitted at least one semester prior to the anticipated semester of graduation.