Military and Adult Education
The Office of Military and Adult Education serves adult learners (23 and up) and military-affiliated students by promoting college completion through providing student support services that enhance and compliment the academic experience. Through multiple avenues, the Office of Military and Adult Education strives to provide a supportive and educational environment that fosters student success and achievement of higher education goals.
The Office of Military and Adult Education provides:
- individually-tailored resources and referrals for adult learners and military students, including active-duty, reservists, veterans, and family members.
- educational benefits counseling such as Veterans Affairs (VA) educational benefits and Tuition Assistance (TA) guidance.
- assistance navigating financial opportunities, including federal aid programs and other scholarships specific to adult and military populations.
- veteran students with employment opportunities through the VA Work Study Program.
- student involvement and leadership opportunities, as well as community service opportunities, though the advisement of the Military Student Organization.
- outreach efforts to increase awareness and utilization of the office.
- education to the larger Albany State University community on the experience of our military and adult students, as well as resources to support these populations.
- adult learners and military students an opportunity to attain college credit for learning that may have occurred outside of a college classroom through a range of Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) options.
- a response to student, faculty, staff and public issues in a timely and professional manner.